This hall is currently used by about fifteen different organisations
resulting in about a thousand visitors every week!
Photos, hall details and hire rates can be
found by clicking on the tabs to the left
To get in touch with any of the individual groups
please click on the "Organisations" tab above
and a list will appear. Details of how to make
contact can be found within each listing.
If you would like to make a general enquiry or perhaps you would like to
consider hiring the hall for a specific event, please click on "Contact Us"
There has been a hall on this site since the 1920’s. The original hall was known as “Reculver and Beltinge Parish Hall” and was a 1st World War ex-army hut purchased for £200 and made of weatherboard with a corrugated roof.
A committee of gentlemen ran the hall and anyone wanting to hire it had to apply to the commitee.
During the Second World War, the committee kindly gave furniture including settees to the Officer’s mess in Gainsborough Drive and to the soldiers club at Reculver Lodge and the Beltinge Auxiliary Fire Service.
In 1946 it was decided to re-name the hall “Reculver & Beltinge Memorial Hall” in honour of those that fought in the two world wars.
Meanwhile the hall was beginning to show the passing of time and with rats under the kitchen floor it was decided it was time to have a new hall.
Residents of the village went around collecting money from the local inhabitants and that’s how the money was raised for today’s hall. The freehold of the present site was purchased in 1954 and in April 1959 the foundation stone for today’s hall was laid.
The hall has nothing to do with the local council. It is governed by the Charities Commission on behalf of the villagers and is run by a voluntary committee of trustees duly elected each year from people who live in the parish of Reculver and by representative committee members from the groups that hire the hall on a regular basis.
Over the years these committees of volunteers have raised money and applied for grants to improve the hall and to keep up to date with all the rules and regulations needed to allow events to take place and to provide facilities for the disabled.
The hall is used by approx 1000 people a month attending many clubs and functions from pre-school children right through to our senior citizens.
149 Reculver Road
There are limited "one hour" bays nearby and limited parking in local roads.
The nearest FREE car park is about 5 mins walk away
About 400 yds towards Reculver, turn left into Reculver Drive. The FREE car park is 100 yds on the left.
Postcode CT6 6QE